Personal Bio - blog





My name is Anna Kehl.



I live in Austin with my husband and two kids, Sienna and Nolan.





For work, I'm a Director of Clinical Education for the Respiratory Care Program at Virginia College at Austin.  By trade, I'm a Respiratory Care Practitioner.  I spent the last 7 years as a clinical educator for the Respiratory Care departments of Seton Healthcare Family.  The change to the world of academia is a new one, I've only worked for Virginia College since May 2017.  In my new role, I teach college courses in Respiratory Care and I organize the clinical experiences for the Respiratory Care students at our college.

                                                    Image result for virginia college


I think I bring to this course a shallow understanding of a wide range of communication technology products.  I have heard of and done research on several different products out there, but have not had the opportunity to use many.  I pick things up pretty quickly though and given the time, I'm able to figure most new applications out and utilize them proficiently.

My personal professional goals are pretty basic at this time.  I need to complete my Bachelor's degree by November 6th of 2017 in order to stay in my current role at my job.  Most of my professional focus is on getting through the next few months of school, keeping my head above water in my new job and providing a positive learning experience for my students.  After my degree is done, I plan to spend more time focusing on the experience that I provide in the classroom.

My hobby is quilting.  I'm an active member of the Austin Modern Quilt Guild.  I was on the board for the guild for the past year, but recently resigned to focus on school and my job.  Quilting is my art.  I love creating a piece of functional, useful art for my friends and family.  Here are two quilts that I am very proud of,



This is one that I'm working on right now.  I've actually banned myself from sewing this summer because if there was actually time for me to sew, then I should probably be doing homework!  But I've allowed myself to create one little section of two colors each night before I go to bed.  It takes me no more than 15 minutes.  It's growing little by little and helps me stay connected to my hobby.

Comentarios

  1. I love those quilts! If you are ever in need of a quilting project, I've got one for you! :-)

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Can we talk about your crazy good quilting skills? Off the chart.

    ResponderBorrar
  3. Wow Anna, quilting seems like it takes a lot of patients. Between quilting, kids, and a husband, teaching is a walk in the park, you got this.

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario